- Episode 5: ‘The Door’
- Duration: 57 minutes
- Date: Sunday, May 23th
- Director: Jack Bender
- Writer: David Benioff, D.B Weiss
Tyrion seeks a strange ally. Bran learns a great deal. Brienne goes on a mission. Arya is given a chance to prove herself. (TVMA)
- Adult content
- Adult language
3. Confirmed cast members
– Green colour: weren’t present in ep.4
- Peter Dinklage as ‘Tyrion Lannister’
- Kit Harington as ‘Jon Snow’
- Liam Cunningham as ‘Davos Seaworth’
- Carice van Houten as ‘Melisandre’
- Sophie Turner as ‘Sansa Stark’
- Aidan Gillen as ‘Petyr ‘Littlefinger’ Baelish’
- Nathalie Emmanuel as ‘Missandei’
- Maisie Williams as ‘Arya Stark’
- Isaac Hempstead-Wright as ‘Bran Stark’
- Gwendoline Christie as ‘Brienne of Tarth’
- Alfie Allen as ‘Theon Greyjoy’
- Conleth Hill as ‘Varys’
- Michiel Huisman as ‘Daario Naharis’
- Tom Wlaschiha as ‘Jaqen H’ghar’
- Iain Glen as ‘Jorah Mormont’
- Daniel Portman as ‘Podrick Payne’
- Ellie Kendrick as ‘Meera Reed’
- Gemma Whelan as ‘Yara Greyjoy’
- Ania Bukstein as ‘Kinvara’
- Vladimir Furdik as ‘The Night’s King’
- Michael Feast as ‘Aeron Greyjoy’
- Pilou Asbæk as ‘Euron Greyjoy’
- Essie Davis as ‘Play Cersei’
- Michael Feast as ‘Aeron Greyjoy’
- Richard E. Grant as ‘Izembaro’
Beyond the Wall, The Three-Eyed Raven’s Lair
- The Three-Eyed Raven shows Bran Stark another vision. They’re back at Winterfell and Bran learns more about Hodor’s sad past. Bran wants to see more but is taken back to the Cave by the 3-Eyed Raven.
- Bran desperately wants to find out about the TOJ and warges again. This time unsupervised. Instead of the TOJ, the vision takes place in a very distant past. Bran sees the Children of the Forest in a much warmer North amongst ritual stones. They perform a ritual to create White Walkers in order to get an army to fight against the First Men. The creation of the WW turned against the Children as the WW raised an army for their own cause.
- The 3-Eyed Raven asks Meera to wake Bran up, but it seems like he can’t come back. Bran suddenly experiences another terrifying vision in the present where the WW are preparing their Army of the Death to march on the Wall. The Night’s King senses his presence. Bran is able to come back just in time.
At the Wall, Mole’s Town
- Sansa and Brienne meet with Littlefinger in a brothel in Mole’s Town. Sansa confronts Littlefinger about Ramsay Bolton’s psychopathic behavior and whether he knew about that. Brienne is extremely hostile toward Littlefinger and warns Sansa not to trust him. Lord Renly already saw through him.
- Sansa says that she doesn’t want Littlefinger in her presence any longer and rejects his offer.
At the Wall, Castle Black
- Brienne and Sansa soon return to Castle Black and talk with Jon Snow. They tell him that they have rejected LF’s offer and that they need to rally Northern Houses asap if they want to stand a chance against Ramsay’s army.
- Sansa, Brienne, Jon, Pod, Tormund,Edd, Davos and Melisandre discuss a strategy to rally the North.
- Sansa informs Jon Snow about Arya’s situation. According to Brienne, she’s still alive. Jon and Sansa want Brienne to fulfill her quest and find Catelyn Stark’s last remaining daughter: Arya. They think that Arya might have gone to the Blackfish in the Riverlands. Brienne and Podrick leave for the Riverlands.
- Tormund and Edd have to convince the Wildlings to fight for the Starks.
- Davos reminds Jon about Lyanna Mormont, whose house only want to serve Starks. He takes Sansa with him to convince the Mormonts of their cause. They travel to Bear Island.
- Jon and Melisandre go to the Riverlands as well. Melisandre wants to get the Brotherhood without Banners by their side. She thinks she can convince Thoros of Myr to follow the Prince who was Promised.
The Iron Islands, Pyke
- The Kingsmoot take place. It looks like Yara is going to win the Kingsmoot, but Euron also candidates to become the King of the Iron Islands. He puts a plan forward: he wants to marry Daenerys and conquer Westeros with her dragons. He wants the Ironborn to rule over the world. The Ironborn are intrigued by his plan and elect Euron to be their King.
- Jaqen teaches Arya about the craftsmanship of the Faceless Men. He shows her how he cuts off the face of a dead person.
- He then gives Arya another task: She has to join a theatre troupe led by a man named Izembaro. She will need to play someone else.
- Arya meets the troupe.
In Vaes Dothrak
- Jorah implores Daario not to tell Daenerys about his greyscale.
- Daenerys convinces her new army of Dothraki to march with her to Meereen. She will give a speech before them. The Dothraki (including the Dosh Khaleen) leave their sacred city and start their march to Meereen.
- Tyrion has another plan: he asks the Red Priestess Kinvara for help. He needs the support of the common people and Red Priestesses are able to make them believe that Daenerys is their savior.
- Varys doesn’t trust Kinvara at all.