0. Review of ‘The Door’
- Episode 6: ‘Blood of My Blood’
- Duration: 52 minutes
- Date: Sunday, May 30th
- Director: Jack Bender
- Writer: Bryan Cogman
An old foe comes back into the picture. Gilly meets Sam’s family. Arya faces a difficult choice. Jaime faces off against the High Sparrow. (TVMA)
- Adult content
- Adult language
3. Confirmed cast members
– Green colour: weren’t present in ep.5
- Nikolaj Coster-Waldau as ‘Jaime Lannister’
- Lena Headey as ‘Cersei Lannister’
- Emilia Clarke as ‘Daenerys Targaryen
- Natalie Dormer as ‘ Margaery Tyrell’
- Maisie Williams as ‘Arya Stark’
- Isaac Hempstead-Wright as ‘Bran Stark’
- Michiel Huisman as ‘Daario Naharis’
- Jonathan Pryce as ‘High Sparrow’
- John Bradley as ‘Samwell Tarly’
- Dean-Charles Chapman as ‘Tommen Baratheon’
- Hannah Murray as ‘Gilly’
- Tom Wlaschiha as ‘Jaqen H’ghar’
- Ellie Kendrick as ‘Meera Reed’
- Diana Rigg as ‘Olenna Tyrell’ (not confirmed; but very likely to appear)
- David Bradley as ‘Walder Frey’
- Eugene Simon as ‘Lancel Lannister’
- Faye Marsay as ‘The Waif’ (not confirmed; but likely to appear)
- Roger Ashton-Griffiths as ‘Mace Tyrell’
- Thor Björnsson as ‘Gregor Clegane’
- Hannah Waddingham as ‘Septa Unella’
- Ania Bukstein as ‘Kinvara’
- Tobias Menzies as ‘Edmure Tully’ (not confirmed; but likely to appear)
- Essie Davis as ‘Lady Crane’
- Richard E. Grant as ‘Izembaro’
- Eline Powell as ‘Bianca’
- Leigh Gill as ‘Bobono’
- Eva Butterly as ‘Play Margaery Tyrell’
- James Faulkner as ‘Randyll Tarly’
- Samantha Spiro as ‘Melissa Tarly’
- Freddie Stroma as ‘Dickon Tarly’
- Rebecca Benson as ‘Talla Tarly’
- Robert Aramayo as ‘Young Ned’
1. BEYOND THE WALL
- Meera and Bran are still on the run for the Wights and the White Walkers. They find themselves in a forest when they are attacked by several wights. Meera is carrying Bran (who’s still warging) and begs him for forgiveness. She thinks that they won’t make it.
- Suddenly, a hooded man comes to the rescue. He sets the wights on fire and reveals himself to be ‘Benjen Stark’, blood of Bran Stark.
- Bran’s having a vision at the Tower of Joy. He can finally find out what happened in the tower. Bran sees Ned saying goodbye to a dying Lyanna Stark. Lyanna begs Ned to protect her son. She asks her brother to make sure no harm will come to her baby boy. ‘Promise me, Ned’.‘Protect your own blood’. Lyanna dies and Bran realizes that Jon Snow is a Targaryen.
2. THE TWINS
- Walder Frey welcomes some Lannister soldiers in the Twins. He’s confident that they will retake Riverrun from the Blackfish.
- Walder Frey visits Edmure Tully in the dungeon. He’s still a hostage of the Freys.
3. KING’S LANDING
- Olenna is furious at Mace Tyrell for doing absolutely nothing to save his own blood. She orders him to march his men to the Sept in order to prevent Margaery’s walk of shame from happening.
- Tommen talks with the High Sparrow in the Sept of Baelor. The HS tells him about the rumors of his parentage (his own blood) and that the sinful deserve death. Tommen is disgusted by the news and doesn’t want to believe it. The HS tells Tommen that they will find out the truth soon.
- The Tyrell army led by Jaime and Mace arrives before the Sept of Baelor. They demand the Queen’s release. If they do not release Margaery at once, they will attack the Faith. Suddenly Margaery and Tommen come out of the Sept and bear a banner of the Faith. They are cheered by the common people. The High Sparrow tells Jaime that no one needs to die because the King and the Queen have fully embraced the Faith of the Seven. The Tyrell army leave the Sept and Margaery mounts Jaime’s horse.
- Jaime, Cersei and Kevan meet each other in the Throne Room. Kevan informs them about the problematic situation in the Riverlands. He has already send some Lannister men to the Twins.
- At night, Cersei talks with Jaime. She wants him to stand at the head of the Lannister army and to travel to the Riverlands. She tells Jaime to show their enemies how strong the Lannisters are. Jaime starts to kiss Cersei.
4. HORN HILL
- Samwell and Gilly arrive in Horn Hill. They interrupt the dinner of the Tarlys. Randyll Tarly isn’t exactly delighted to see his son again. His mother and his sister hug him and welcome him back home. Randyll asks about the girl and the child who company him. Sam tells his father that little Sam is his own blood and that he wants to keep him and Gilly safe in Horn Hill. Sam’s brother Dickon laughs about the fact that Sam is having a bastard with a wildling. Randyll argues with Samwell, but keeps Gilly and Little Sam safe nonetheless. He also wants to know why Samwell has left the Wall. Samwell explains that he’s sent by the Lord Commander to become a Maester.
- Sam tells his father about the threat beyond the Wall but Randyll isn’t concerned about that. At night, Sam is able to steal his father’s Valyrian sword before he leaves Horn Hill.
- Arya witnesses another play by the theatre troupe. This time, they play the Purple Wedding which makes Arya’s laugh.
- Arya and Lady Crane comes across very well. Deep inside, Arya doesn’t want to kill off Lady Crane. Lady Crane asks Arya if she wants to accompany them to the Riverlands, because they will perform at the wedding of Walder Frey. Arya realizes that this may be the ultimate chance to seek revenge on the Freys. She hasn’t forgotten her own blood at all.
- Arya tells Jaqen that she didn’t have the chance to poison the rum of Lady Crane. The Waif warns Jaqen that Arya will never become a Faceless Assassin and that she will betray them.
6. THE DOTHRAKI SEA
- Daario flirts with Daenerys and tells her that he likes her to be a conqueror. Daenerys explains that she only takes what is hers. Suddenly a giant Drogon flies above the Dothraki army. He wants to protect Daenerys but Daenerys is able to control her dragon and to prevent him to attack the Dothraki. Daenerys proves that she has blood of the dragon.