- Episode 10: ‘The Winds of Winter’
- Duration: 69 minutes
- Date: Sunday, June 26th
- Director: Miguel Sapochnik
- Writer: David Benioff, D.B Weiss
Cersei faces her trial. (TVMA)
- Adult Content
- Adult Language
- Graphic Violence
3. Confirmed cast members
– Green colour: weren’t present in ep.9
- Peter Dinklage as ‘Tyrion Lannister’
- Nikolaj Coster-Waldau as ‘Jaime Lannister’
- Lena Headey as ‘Cersei Lannister’
- Emilia Clarke as ‘Daenerys Targaryen’
- Kit Harington as ‘Jon Snow’
- Aidan Gillen as ‘Lord Petyr Baelish’
- Liam Cunningham as ‘Davos Seaworth’
- Carice van Houten as ‘Melisandre’
- Natalie Dormer as ‘Margaery Tyrell’
- Indira Varma as ‘Ellaria Sand’ (not officially confirmed, but very likely to appear)
- Sophie Turner as ‘Sansa Stark’
- Sandor Clegane as ‘The Hound’ (not officially confirmed, but very likely to appear)
- Nathalie Emmanuel as ‘Missandei’
- Maisie Williams as ‘Arya Stark’
- Alfie Allen as ‘Theon Greyjoy’ (not officially confirmed, but very likely to appear)
- John Bradley as ‘Samwell Tarly’ (not officially confirmed, but very likely to appear)
- Dean-Charles Chapman as ‘Tommen Baratheon’
- Gwendoline Christie as ‘Brienne of Tarth’ (not officially confirmed, but very likely to appear)
- Jerome Flynn as ‘Bronn’ (not officially confirmed, but very likely to appear)
- Isaac-Hempstead Wright as ‘Bran Stark’
- Conleth Hill as ‘Varys’ (not officially confirmed, but very likely to appear)
- Kristofer Hivju as ‘Tormund Giantsbane’ (not officially confirmed, but very likely to appear)
- Michiel Huisman as ‘Daario Naharis’
- Hannah Murray as ‘Gilly’ (not officially confirmed, but very likely to appear)
- Jonathan Pryce as ‘High Sparrow’
- Jacob Anderson as ‘Grey Worm’
- Ben Crompton as ‘Edd’ (not officially confirmed, but very likely to appear)
- Gemma Whelan as ‘Yara Greyjoy’ (not officially confirmed, but very likely to appear)
- Daniel Portman as ‘Podrick Payne’ (not officially confirmed, but very likely to appear)
- Ian Gelder as ‘Kevan Lannister’ (not officially confirmed, but very likely to appear)
- Tim Plester as ‘Walder Rivers’
- Hannah Waddingham as ‘Septa Unella’ (not officially confirmed, but very likely to appear)
- Roger Ashton-Griffiths as ‘Mace Tyrell’ (not officially confirmed, but very likely to appear)
- Diana Rigg as ‘Olenna Tyrell’ (not officially confirmed, but very likely to appear)
- Julian Glover as ‘Pycelle’ (not officially confirmed, but very likely to appear)
- Eugene Simon as ‘Lancel Lannister’
- David Bradley as ‘Walder Frey’
- Finn Jones as ‘Loras Tyrell’
- Anton Lesser as ‘Qyburn’ (not officially confirmed, but very likely to appear)
- Keisha Castle-Hughes as ‘Obara Sand’ (not officially confirmed, but very likely to appear)
- Jessica Henwick as ‘Nymeria Sand’ (not officially confirmed, but very likely to appear)
- Rosabell Laurenti Sellers as ‘Tyene Sand’ (not officially confirmed, but very likely to appear)
- Pilou Asbæk as ‘Euron Greyjoy’ (not officially confirmed, but very likely to appear)
- Joseph Mawle as ‘Benjen Stark’ (not officially confirmed, but very likely to appear)
- Richard Dormer as ‘Beric Dondarrion’ (not officially confirmed, but very likely to appear)
- Paul Kaye as ‘Thoros of Myr’ (not officially confirmed, but very likely to appear)
- Daniel Tuite as ‘Walder Rivers’
- Robert Aramayo as ‘Young Ned Stark’ (not officially confirmed, but very likely to appear)
5. Speculation (based on leaks, spoilers, own predictions, etc..)
BEYOND THE WALL [6 minutes]
- Bran, Meera and Benjen ride south. Benjen escorts Bran back to Castle Black, to his half-brother Jon Snow. On their way to CB, Bran finds a weirwoord tree. He asks Benjen to bring him to the tree, because he needs something to be cleared out.
- Bran relives the vision at the Tower of Joy. This time he’s able to follow his father inside the tower. Ned finds his sister, bleeding to death, with a baby between her arms. Lyanna’s last words to Ned are: ‘Promise me that you keep him safe. Promise me that Robert won’t find out that my son has Targaryen blood. Promise me, Ned’. Ned promises Lyanna that he’ll keep him safe and raise him like his own son. Lyanna dies. We see Ned leaving the tower with Jon in his hands. Howland Reed asks if the baby is a Targaryen. Ned answers that he’s a Stark.
- Bran wakes up from his vision and Benjen asks Bran to tell him what he saw. Bran reveals R + L = J. He says that he’s ready to return to Jon and that they have no idea what’s going to happen now that Jon’s a Targaryen.
THE NORTH, WINTERFELL [11 minutes]
- A white raven flies over Winterfell. It’s a letter from the Citadel, informing Westeros about the arrival of winter. Jon realizes that Sam’s behind the letter and that he has made it to Oldtown.
- Sansa confronts Littlefinger in the Godswood. Sansa asks Littlefinger what he wants in return. She realizes that his aid did come with a price. Littlefinger tells her that he already told her: he wants her to become the Wardeness of the North. She’s the only ‘true’ Stark left. No one will support a bastard to become the Warden of the North. Sansa’s left speechless. She’s doesn’t know how she should feel about this.
- The Northern Lords gather in Winterfell. First, some apologize to not supporting the Stark cause in the first place, among them is Wyman Manderly. Jon tells them that that’s of none importance anymore and that they need to work together if they want to stand a chance against the Night’s King. There’s a discussion going on about which Stark should rule over the North now. The Northern Lords are reluctant about Jon’s claim and it looks like Sansa’s going to become the Wardeness of the North. LF watches her from a distance and the two make eye contact. Sansa tells the Lords they only Jon is fit to become the Warden of the North because they need a man like him to protect the North. Jon is declared King in the North. Jon’s not really pleased to become the King in the North, but accepts the title anyway. Littlefinger appears very disappointed, but doesn’t challenge them and remains silent.
- Ser Davos forces Melisandre to tell the truth about Shireen’s death. Melisandre explains that she did get the support of Stannis and Selyse and that they were desperate. She believes that it’s was the right thing to do because she had king’s blood. She only obeyed the Lord of Light, even though it was a horrible thing to do. Davos demands Melisandre’s execution. Jon hesitates and it looks like Mel’s going to meet her end. He then decides not to kill her off because they might need her in the war between the living and the dead. She has shown the capabilities of the Lord of Light when she brought back Jon. Davos angrily leaves the room.
- Jon talks with Sansa. He asks her why she didn’t tell him about the Vale’s involvement in the battle against Ramsay Bolton. Sansa tells Jon that she thought that he wouldn’t take her serious and that she didn’t fully trusted Littlefinger. She also warns Jon for Littlefinger. Jon makes Sansa clear that they need to trust each other and work together against their enemies.
THE IRON ISLANDS, PYKE [5 minutes]
- Euron and Aeron Greyjoy prepare to sail to Daenerys Targaryen. Euron holds a speech in which he reveals that he burned the Meereeneese Fleet of Daenerys. He also puts forward his master plan: he has a dragon horn and claims that he can control Daenerys’s dragons with it as he likes. His men are convinced and start their voyage to Meeereen.
THE RIVERLANDS: BWB [4 minutes]
- Brienne and Podrick come across the Brotherhood without Banners. Brienne and the Hound meet each other again. The Hound is mad with her for killing him and challenges her for a fight. Thoros and Beric can calm him down. Brienne tells the Hound that she doesn’t want another fight with him and asks him about Arya’s whereabouts. The Hound tells her that she left him to die. She might have gone to the Wall, to her brother. Brienne confirms that she certainly isn’t there. The Hound also tells her that Arya always wished to travel to Braavos someday. She might have gone to Braavos.
- The Brotherhood asks Brienne and Podrick to travel north together with them. They can need a strong warrior like her, given that she did almost kill the Hound. Brienne agrees and joins the BoB together with Podrick on their way back to Winterfell.
THE RIVERLANDS: THE TWINS [7 minutes]
- Jaime, Bronn and the Lannister army arrive at the Twins.
- Jaime and Walder Frey talk about the recent victory agains the Tullys. Walder Frey thanks Jaime. Jaime asks Walder what he’s going to do with Roslin Frey and her baby. Walder tells Jaime that he’ll sent both to Edmure, as he doesn’t really care about them. They also talk about the Red Wedding. Jaime notices the cruel nature of Walder Frey and doesn’t hide his aversion towards Jaime. Walder Frey offers Jaime to stay in Riverrun to celebrate the victory. Jaime agrees reluctantly.
- The celebration takes place and Walder holds a speech about the downfall of House Tully and House Stark. A blonde girl serves pie during the celebration. Walder Frey, Walder Rivers and Lame Lothar Frey eat some. Jaime and Bronn are watching from a distance. They don’t enjoy the feast and speech at all. Everyone is laughing at Walder Frey’s speech, not noticing that he’s actually choking on his pie. Walder Frey dies. Chaos erupts. Lots of Freys start to choke as well and Jaime doesn’t realize what’s going on. The blonde girl leaves the Hall and reveals herself. It’s Arya Stark. Arya Stark sneaks away and runs into a pack led by her dire wolf, Nymeria.
KING’S LANDING [23 minutes]
- Cersei ‘prepares’ for her trial. Qyburn talks with Cersei in her chamber and asks if she’s 100% sure. Cersei tells Qyburn that she doesn’t have a choice. It’s the only way to get rid of the High Sparrow and his foolish sparrows for once and for good. The Mountain stands guard in Cersei’s chamber.
- Margaery and Tommen prepare themselves for the trials as well. They have a short conversation about the trials of Cersei and Loras and both hope for the best. Margaery tells Tommen that she’ll wait for him in the Sept of Baelor. Tommen first wants to speak with his mother before the trial begins.
- High lords and ladies have flocked together in the Sept of Baelor, awaiting the trials of Cersei and Loras. Loras is already in the Sept, but Cersei hasn’t shown up yet.
- Cersei talks with Tommen and asks him to trust her. She tells him that she will protect him, no matter the cost. Her love for him does not know any boundaries. She then leaves the room and locks the door of her chamber with Tommen inside. Tommen doesn’t really understand what’s going on.
- The trial is about to begin. The High Sparrow already starts with the trial of Loras Tyrell. Mace Tyrell and Margaery Tyrell are also present in the Sept of Baelor and witness the trial. Margaery is still accompanied by septa Unella. Loras Tyrell confesses his ‘crimes’.
- Qyburn informs his little birds about his plan, which involves wildfire. He orders the little birds to sneak into the Sept and to cause the wildfire to explode. The little birds themselves don’t really understand the consequences of the wildfire. Pycelle overhears the conversation between the little birds and Qyburn and confronts him. Pycelle tells Qyburn that he’ll warn the people inside the Sept before the wildfire can explode. Qyburn orders his little birds to finish off Pycelle. Pycelle is stabbed to death.
- Lancel Lannister enters the Red Keep and comes across Cersei Lannister. He instructs Cersei to come with him at once, but Cersei stubbornly tells him to leave her or he’ll die. Lancel forces her and it’s the Mountain who comes in between and kills Lancel.
- Loras Tyrell’s punishment is discussed by the jury of High Septons. They decide to strip Loras of his title and to take away his manhood. Mace Tyrell and Margaery Tyrell are clearly very upset. Suddenly, some loud explosions can be heard in the Sept of Baelor. They realize what’s happening when the Sept start to collapse. Total chaos erupts and the people inside the Sept are desperately trying to escape death. Because of the mass hysteria, Margaery and her family aren’t able to get out in time. The wildfire consumes the whole sept. Margaery dies together with her family inside the sept. The High Sparrow and septa Unella don’t make it as well.
- Tommen hears the mass hysteria and sees how the Sept of Baelor burns. He realizes what Cersei has done to Margaery and her family and how she sinned against the Faith. He cannot take it anymore and jumps out of the window. Tommen dies immediately.
- Qyburn tells Cersei that she got rid of the High Sparrow and the Tyrells. Kevan Lannister discoveres what Cersei did and that his son is killed by the Mountain. He’s furious and orders the Lannister men to arrest Cersei immediately, but they listen to Cersei instead. Cersei orders her men to kill Kevan.
- Lannister men bring Tommen’s dead body before Cersei. Cersei’s confronted with what she did and collapses. Cersei goes fully paranoia.
OLDTOWN [4 minutes]
- Sam and Gilly arrive in Oldtown. The Maesters are first very reluctant to accept Gilly’s and Little Sam’s presence. Sam explains why he has come to Oldtown and shows the Valyrian Sword to one of the Maesters. He thinks it’s about time to inform Westeros about winter’s arrival.
DORNE [5 minutes]
- Varys meet together with Ellaria, the Sand Snakes and Lady Olenna Tyrell. He tries to convince both to support Daenerys Targayren. First, Olenna is reluctant to participate in another war, but Varys can convince her that this is the only way to secure the future of House Tyrell. Olenna makes a pact with Varys and Ellaria. Varys explains that Daenerys will land in Dorne and that she can use the support of House Tyrell and House Martell.
MEEREEN [6 minutes]
- Daenerys talks with Tyrion about their plan to conquest King’s Landing. Tyrion makes Daenerys clear that she’s entered the Great Game right now. Daenerys, on the other hand, tells Tyrion that they will have to wipe out his own family. Tyrion remains silent, realizing that they’ll have to kill Tommen and Jaime as well.
- Daenerys has a last conversation with Daario. She tells him that she’ll always love him, but that their relationship never had a chance. She wants him to stay in Meereen together with Missandei and Grey Worm. Daenerys says goodbye to Missandei and Grey Worm, calling them the most loyal friends she ever had. The three will rule over Slaver’s Bay in her stead.
- Daenerys and Tyrion leave with the ships of Yara and Theon Greyjoy and head to Dorne. Drogon, Viserion and Rhaegal fly above the ships.
Who will die?
- Walder Frey
- Lothar Frey
- Walder Rivers
- King Tommen Baratheon
- Queen Margaery Tyrell
- Mace Tyrell
- Loras Tyrell
- Grand Maester Pycelle
- Kevan Lannister
- Lancel Lannister
- High Sparow
- Septa Unella