Episode 1: The Queen’s Arrival
- The fleet of Daenerys will first land in Dorne.
- Olenna and Ellaria meet Dany and co.
- Tyrion will have a heated discussion with Ellaria & the SS for killing his niece Myrcella.
- He also argues with Olenna since he was blamed for the murder.
- Tyrion advises Daenerys to end the alliance with the Sands because they are not a trustworthy ally (they killed their own princes).
- Daenerys and Varys think the alliance only have advantages and they should leave the past behind and think about the future.
- Olenna decides to travel back to Highgarden to gain the support of the Lords of the Reach.
- Melisandre comes across the Brotherhood without Banners and joins them. She informs them about Jon Snow’s status as Azor Ahai. The Hound is somewhat skeptical about Melisandre’s opinion.
- Arya, wearing another face, discovers the Brotherhood without Banners. She silently tries to assassinate them, but stops when she sees Sandor Clegane among the group. The Brotherhood is able to capture her. Melisandre examines the girl and concludes that she has seen this girl somewhere before. Arya removes her face and makes her identity known.
- Word reaches King’s Landing of Daenerys’s arrival in Dorne. Remember, Cersei did sent Little Birds to Dorne and Highgarden last season. She also finds out that Olenna Tyrell betrayed her.
- Jaime confronts Cersei about the Wildfire explosion and Tommen and Queen Margaery’s death.
- Qyburn and Cersei talk about the invasion of Daenerys Targaryen. Qyburn puts his plan forward: they need more alliances from Great Houses. PYKE – Euron Greyjoy finds out that Dany already sided with Yara and Theon and that he can forget his alliance with Daenerys.
- Euron informs his men about his new plan: he’ll marry the recent Queen of the Seven Kingdoms, Cersei Lannister.
- Bran and Meera arrive in Castle Black and meet Edd. Edd tells Bran Stark about Jon Snow and his resurrection. The three also talk about the Night King.
- Bran and Meera leave Castle Back and get a horse from the Night’s Watch. They set off on a journey to Winterfell.
- Jon Snow and Sansa find out that Edmure Tully has taken back Riverrun and that Walder Frey and his sons were being slaughtered. Jon tells Sansa that they need the Tully forces in the Great War against the Night King. Jon will leave Winterfell and head to Riverrun.
- Littlefinger seizes the opportunity to influence Sansa while Jon is gone.
Episode 2: Family, Duty, Honor
- Jaime urges Cersei to surrender peacefully. They will never stand a chance against her army and she has three dragons. Cersei tells Jaime that she’ll never give up on the Iron Throne. Both find out about Tyrion being in Dorne too and Cersei demands Tyrion’s head.
- Cersei asks Qyburn to send a letter to Randyll Tarly.
- Cersei visits the tortured Septa Unella and orders the Mountain to let her meet ‘her gods’.
- Melisandre tells Arya about Jon Snow’s resurrection and how she supported House Stark in the war against Ramsay Bolton.
- Arya removes Melisandre from her list. Arya will be reunited with the Hound and is able to convince him to exact revenge on his brother.
- Arya and the Hound have a conversation about ‘vengeance’. Arya tells the Hound that she still needs to cross off some names of her list. She convinces the Hound to exact revenge on his brother.
- The groups bumps into Brienne and Pod. A massive confrontation takes place. Brienne tries to convince Arya to go back to Winterfell together with her, but Arya reassures her that she still needs to take care off some things before returning home.
- Brienne pledges loyalty and swears Arya to not let her slip away again. Arya accepts her offer.
- Olenna has arrived in Highgarden and called the banners. Among the banner men, we see Randyll Tarly who pledges loyalty to House Tyrell.
- Bran and Meera arrive in Winterfell. Bran and Sansa are reunited. Bran informs Sansa about Jon’s parentage.
- Littlefinger realizes the probability of Jon claiming the Iron Throne. He convinces Sansa to take the Iron Throne before Jon Snow can do so. Bran will possibly become the Warden of the North and with Jon sitting on the Iron Throne, Sansa will earn no title.
- Jorah will arrive in Oldtown to find a Maester to heal him.
- He meets Samwell Tarly who tells him about his father’s death and the White Walker invasion. Jorah informs him about Dany’s conquer and dragons.
- Sam realizes that the Dragons are the only way to save the whole world.
- Jon Snow arrives in Riverrun to meet with Edmure Tully.
- Jon confronts Edmure about handing over Riverrun to the Lannisters. He offers Edmure a chance to revenge his family and to listen to his own house motto: ‘Family, Duty, Honor’. Jon tells Edmure that they need as many men as possible in the Great War to come.
- Edmure pledges himself to Jon Snow.
Episode 3: A New Plan
- Euron arrives in King’s Landing and puts his plan forward to Cersei Lannister. Cersei agrees to marry Euron Greyjoy.
- Jaime is furious at Cersei for allying with Euron Greyjoy and agreeing to marry him. Cersei reassures Jaime that she only plays with Euron and that they need his army if they want to survive.
- Cersei and Jaime’s relationship continue to worsen, but Jaime remains on Cersei’s side nonetheless.
- Cersei, Euron, Jaime and Qyburn have a meeting about the attack. Cersei wants Euron’s fleet and the Lannister army to attack Dorne. She asks Jaime to escort Euron and to kill the people who took their children from them: Tyrion, Ellaria and the Sand Snakes.
- Melisandre, Arya, The Hound, Brienne and Pod and the Brotherhood part ways. Arya, Melisandre, the Hound and Brienne + Pod travel south, to King’s Landing. The Brotherhood travel north in an attempt to stop the invasion of the White Walkers.
- Jon returns to Winterfell and reunites with Bran Stark. Bran Stark tells Jon about his parentage. Jon is a bit skeptical about it, but Bran claims that there’s only one person to prove his theory: Howland Reed. Bran commands Meera to bring her father to Winterfell.
- Littlefinger explains his next plan to Sansa Stark: he wants to assassinate Jon Snow in order to get the North behind their side. Littlefinger tells Sansa that he did the same thing to Lord Arryn and look where it brought him. Sansa is shocked, but intrigued by his plan to get the Iron Throne.
- Littlefinger and Sansa travel to the Eyrie to take care off a few matters. In reality, they want the Lords of the Vale to pledge for Sansa Stark.
- Daenerys, Tyrion, Varys and Ellaria discuss their strategy to attack King’s Landing. Tyrion thinks it’s better that they move to Dragonstone first, since Stannis left the place. From there, they can start to attack via the Blackwater Bay. – Daenerys and Yara have a kind of romantic conversation with each other.
- Tyrion realizes how close things have come. He has to assassinate his own family. Varys reassures Tyrion that this would happen no matter what.
- Sam finds information about the creation of Valyrian swords.
- The Archmaester Marwyn finds a cure for Jorah’s greyscale and heals him. Jorah tells Marywn all about Daenerys Targaryen. The Archmaester is very interested in Dany and asks Jorah to keep quiet about her. He wants join them to Daenerys when Samwell has finished his studies.
Episode 4: Hear Me Roar
- Dorne is being attacked by the Lannisters and Euron fleet. Daenerys gathers her men and prepare them to fight.
- On the sea, Yara is mortally wounded by Euron Greyjoy and dies in the arms of her brother.
- On land, the Dothraki, Unsullied and Martell army fight against the Lannister army. Bronn is also among Jaime and his men. Jaime is able to kill Ellaria Sand. The Sand Snakes survive.
- Theon finally steps up and commands his men. He wins the naval battle against Euron Greyjoy with the help of the dragons. Theon avenges the death of Yara and kills Euron Greyjoy.
- Jaime’s on the losing side as well. Tyrion urge his brother to give over, to save his life. Eventually, Jaime surrenders.
- Even though Daenerys has won, she has lost a great amount of her forces.
- Bronn is reunited with Tyene Sand once more.
- Jaime is captured by Daenerys Targaryen. Jaime talks with Tyrion about Cersei and Joffrey’s murder. Tyrion tries to convince Jaime to sue for peace but Jaime explains that Cersei will never give up on the Iron Throne and that she has grown mad after all of her children died.
- Daenerys leaves Dorne with her army and heads to Dragonstone. The Sand Snakes stay in Dorne. Bronn stays with Tyene Sand.
- Randyll Tarly arrives in King’s Landing, together with his son Dickon. Cersei asks Randyll to work together with her. In return, she’ll give House Tarly command over the Reach and a place in the Small Council. Randyll makes a pact and therefore betrays Olenna Tyrell.Randyll becomes in charge of the Lannister army as well while Jaime is gone.
- Jon and Bran have a conversation about his visions. Bran tells Jon that he can use the weirwood tree in the Godswood to see more visions of both past and future.
- Bran has a vision of the future where the Night King bring downs the Wall and dragons attacking King’s Landing. He understands that the mark on his arm causes the Night King to pass the Wall.
- Jon sends Davos together with Tormund to Castle Black to warn the Night’s Watch of the imminent threat.
Episode 5: Blue Winter Roses
- Daenerys arrives in Dragonstone together with Tyrion, Varys, Missandei/GW and Theon. Jaime remains a prisoner in Dragonstone.
- Daenerys confronts Jaime Lannisters about the murder of her father, the Mad King. Jaime explains what really happened. Daenerys tells Jaime that she is not like her father.
- Daenerys learns about the history of Dragonstone.
- Arya, Mel, The Hound and Brienne/Podrick arrive in King’s Landing. Arya discovers that Gendry works as a blacksmith again. The two are reunited.
- Gendry confronts Melisandre about her attempt to murder him. He also tells Arya about the blood magic Melisandre performed on her brother, Robb Stark. Arya banishes Melisandre once again and doesn’t want her in their presence.
- Cersei finds out that they the Lannister army has lost against Daenerys Targaryen and that Jaime Lannister has been captured. She orders Qyburn to carry out her final plan if everything else fails.
- Tormund and Davos arrive at the Wall. They warn the men of the Night’s Watch for the imminent threat against the White Walkers, so they can prepare themselves to protect Westeros.
- Howland Reed arrives in Winterfell, together with Meera Reed. He confirms Jon’s parentage, which will cause Jon’s identity crisis. Jon still has so many questions and asks Bran to provide him with more answers.
- Bran has another vision: the Tourney at Harrenhal. He discovers that Lyanna and Rhaegar Targaryen truly loved each other.
- Littlefinger and Sansa arrive in the Vale. Littlefinger tells Sansa that he plans to marry her very soon. Sansa seems to be willing to marry LF.
- Samwell discovers a secret record of Lyanna Stark’s wedding with Rhaegar Targaryen.
- Samwell succeeded in his training and gets his Maester chain. He departs Oldtown together with Gilly, Archmaester Marywn and Jorah and head to Daenerys Targaryen.
Episode 6: Burn Them All
- Tyrion tries to convince Daenerys to free Jaime to let him reason with Cersei so she would surrender. He’s the only one who could change her mind and therefore avoid any bloodshed in King’s Landing. Daenerys trusts Tyrion and sets Jaime free.
- Tyrion frees Jaime and talks with him about Cersei. Jaime promises to keep his word.
- Olenna Tyrell and her army reach Dragonstone. Olenna, Deanerys, Tyrion, Varys, Missandei, Theon and Grey Worm discuss their strategy.
- Daenerys and her army set sail to the Red Keep together with the dragons. Olenna, Tyrion, Missandei and Varys remain in Dragonstone.
- The city bell tolls when Daenerys army approaches. Randyll Tarly commands the Lannister army to fight. A battle emerges.
- Arya, The Hound and Brienne & Podrick find themselves in the battle and storm inside the Red Keep.
- Jaime enters the Red Keep and sees Brienne of Tarth. Brienne advises Jaime to leave the Red Keep, as he would die in there. Jaime tells Brienne that he needs to stop Cersei because she has gone fully mad and would burn the city to the ground. Brienne calls Jaime ‘an honorable man who saved a thousand lives’.
- Parts of the Red Keep will be burned by dragon fire.
- The Hound finds The Mountain in the Red Keep and fight him while the castle is burning. The Hound kills his brother, but is seriously wounded.
- Arya urges Brienne and Podrick to leave the Red Keep together with her. Arya, Brienne and Pod run to Gendry in order to make sure that he’s safe. Together they leave King’s Landing and head back to Winterfell by horse.
- Jorah, Gilly and Samwell arrive in King’s Landing during the invasion of Daenerys Targaryen. Jorah wants Gilly, Marwyn and Samwell to find shelter as he fights alongside Dany’s army with Heartsbane.
- Randyll’s son, Dickon, is killed during the battle. Jorah eventually kills Randyll Tarly with Heartsbane. Jorah is later reunited with Dany.
- Jaime enters the Throne Room to treat with Cersei Lannister. Cersei realizes that she’s about the lose and instructs Qyburn to carry out their last plan. Before Qyburn can do anything, he’s stopped by Jaime Lannister and killed off.
- Cersei begs Jaime to burn everyone, because everyone else in the world doesn’t matter. She wants Tyrion’s head, but Jaime tells her that he was never their enemy. – Cersei orders Jaime to kill them all. Their enemies destroyed everything they loved. Jaime can’t follow her orders because she demands the same thing the Mad King demanded. In a state of despair, he slays Cersei. Cersei dies in his arms, begging him to kill them all. Jaime’s left heartbroken because he killed the only woman he truly loved. He commits suicide, because he wants to do anything to be back with her. Even in death.
- The Red Keep is destroyed and burns with Cersei, Jaime, The Hound, The Mountain and Qyburn inside.
Episode 7: A Dream of Spring
- Daenerys and co. shortly return to Dragonstone. Melisandre also arrives in Dragonstone and meets with Daenerys Targaryen.
- Tyrion finds out that Cersei and Jaime died during the battle and is emotional. Daenerys offers Olenna a place in her Small Council.
- Jorah, Samwell, Gilly and Archmaester Marwyn also made it to Dragonstone. A Small Council takes place where Melisandre and Samwell inform Daenerys about the importance of the North, specifically the involvement of Jon Snow. Melisandre proposes a marriage between Jon Snow and Danaerys Targaryen. Samwell tells Daenerys about the importance of her dragons in the Great War against the Night King. Dany agrees to marry Jon Snow and concludes that it’s time to move to the Red Keep. She sends Samwell and Gilly North to inform Jon Snow about the marriage proposal. Theon and the Ironborn head back to the Iron Islands.
- Archmaester Marwyn tells Daenerys that she needs a skilled Maester to serve her. Dany accepts his offer.
- Arya and Brienne & Podrick are on their way to Winterfell. In the Riverlands, they encounter Nymeria. Arya is reunited with her direwolf and continue their journey to Winterfell.
- Jon gathered all the Northern Lords to prepare for the Great War against the White Walkers. He explains the necessity of moving south if they want to survive.
- Bran experiences another vision in the Godswood. He sees how Rhaegar married Lyanna and therefore discovers that Jon isn’t a bastard at all, but the legitimate heir who should sit on the Iron Throne.
- Bran tells his recent discovers to Jon Snow. Jon Snow has difficulties understanding that he should rule over the Seven Kingdoms. He tells Bran that he isn’t particularly interested in the Iron Throne.
- The marriage between Littlefinger and Sansa Stark is about to start in the Eyrie. They both have gained support of the Lords of the Vale. Before the ceremony takes place, Sansa puts her cards on the table and tells Robin about Littlefinger’s betrayal (he killed Jon Arryn). She proposes Robin to throw him through the Moon Door. Littlefinger begs for his life but Sweetrobin is merciless. Littlefinger eventually gets thrown through the Moon Door by Lord Royce on the command of Robin Arryn.
- Sansa is now the de facto leader of the Vale.
- Daenerys arrives in the Red Keep and see how everything the castle has been burnt to the ground. She enters the Throne Room and sees the ashes falling like snow.
- The Night King approaches the Wall and brings it down. The Wall collapses and thousands of Wights pass. The men of the Night’s Watch are slaughtered. Tormund and Davos die during the invasion of the White Walkers.